And this day, in the end, has come – your business needs its own website. How to approach this difficult process of development, what pay attention to? What amount of costs should be calculated? These moments we will help you to understand today. In order to determine what the price of a site depends on, it is worth understanding of which stages the development process is developing. How long does it take and who are involved in this process.
The process of creating a site consists of the following steps:
- First, a brief (special document) between the customer and the executor is filled out. The brief clearly formulates the task of creating a site. As seen by the customer, mandatory components, etc.
- The designer analyzes the completed brief and represents the concept of site design. This gives you a layout design.
- After approval of the design, the programmer is starting to work. He carries out all the elements of the site from the graphic layout, generates HTML code and CSS stylesheets, brings up the background under the blocks of the site and creates a grid of the site. At this stage, the integration of the layout with the site management system. This allows you to quickly and conveniently manage the content of the site.
- Website testing and error correction. After that the site is hosted.
Obviously, such a site can not be done either day or week. This is a long and laborious process involving specialists from different fields. And their work must be paid accordingly. The development of a really good site in a time interval takes from 1 month (for example, site-business cards) to 2 months – (online store, site-portal). An important point: the speed and quality of the work depends on the details of the project and on the client’s feed! That is, how clearly the tasks will be formulated and how quickly / qualitatively you will interact with the team of developers.
Factors that affect the price of a site:
- cost of services of qualified specialists;
- the cost of acquiring the necessary equipment and software sites.
That is, you can save on specialists and software (less experience, cheaper equipment, etc.) – but the result will be appropriate.
And what amount should be calculated when ordering the site today?
It depends on what you need. If you need:
- corporative website – starting from 4200$;
- catalogue – starting from 6000$;
- online store – starting from 6500$;
- custom development project – starting from 10 000$
- marketplace (CMS OpenCart) – starting from 20 000$.
It’s worth noting that each project is individual. Different types of sites, different types of business, customer preferences and technical developments make calculations approximate. Therefore, we invite you to watch a video on our YouTube channel where we analyze why different IT companies evaluate projects differently, what it depends on and what affects it.
This question is quite complex, so we divided it into 2 episodes. In the first one, we talk about how to determine the level of a web studio, the level of your project, the resource structure, the mobile-first principle, Google Web Vitals, management and testing.
In the second episode, you will learn about autotesting and manual testing, programmer qualifications, technologies which the company uses, what surprises may arise when choosing technologies and solutions.
Now you know how the site is created, what moments you should pay attention to and what to count on during its development! We at Web-Systems Solutions make sure that our customers receive complete information on any issues.