MARIEMUR is an luxury brand from USA of lingerie, harnesses and leather accessories. Their style is on the border between deluxe and daring fetish culture. The company works in the field of fashion and beauty in the American and European markets with middle and luxury goods.
About the project
Development of an online store and Shopify theme creation from scratch for e-commerce company and underwear brand “MARIEMUR”.
- creating a branded store with the help of the leading e-commerce platform Shopify;
- integration of the site and all modules with CMS Shopify;
- selection, installation Shopify apps and integration apps with external services,
- development of custom landings and a unique theme of the main page;
- development and implementation of design standards relevant to the business goals of Customer.
A unique Shopify theme designed from scratch will stand out the Customer’s online store and help drive sales. We provided a corporate identity on all pages, including the product catalog. We focused on photo content, stylish and relaxed presentation of products. The structure of the catalog is created according to the scheme “from general to particular”. For the luxury segment of the audience, the catalog should look professional and understandable. So that the client can decide to make an expensive deal, it should not be doubts about the exclusivity of the chosen product. Therefore, the presentation of products in the catalog is concise and stylish.
The bold business approach, the linen and accessories of the MARIEMUR brand demanded bold decisions. Instead of overfilled product cards and long blocks, we focused on photo and video content, so introduced interactivity, animations and a pointer for the cursor. Now goods from collections in the online store speak for themselves.
- creating a new, more modern style of online store in accordance with the brand identity;
- development of new custom landings for brand ambassadors;
- integration of animations and motion videos of the Client on the main page of the online store;
- testing and SEO settings of the updated site design.
The product card
The product card is made in minimalism, the emphasis is on content. Large photos, a video about the product, a short and interesting description and a button offering to add the product to the cart. We have introduced sharing in social networks. It can serve as free advertising. The area at the bottom of the product card allows us to capture the user’s attention for additional sales: there are blocks with viewed products and the ability to go to the category of similar products, make a look. We also introduced the functionality of product reviews and rating formation.
The product cart
Our client does not focus on the sale of a specific product, so our task is to increase the likelihood that a person will order several products at once. In this case, we used such a cart type as Drawer (Ajax Cart). It has the form of a right-sliding block. This will make it much more convenient for the site visitor to add and remove items from the cart without going to a separate cart page.
- we implemented the project on CMS Shopify, because of this platform is a revolutionary solution for e-commerce, a marketing tool and a payment system;
- we integrated the online store with popular social networks, including Instagram, that now concisely displayed in one of the blocks of the main landing;
- having a wide model and size range, we structured the catalog by collections, sets, varieties, purposes of linen, additional accessories;
- integrated Klarna Bank AB payment service with the site;
- with the help of Shopify we easily integrated 8 different payment systems + different delivery systems;
- installed Klaviyo (platform for e-mail and SMS marketing automation) and integrated with Shopify account;
- mobile-first principle: we optimized all Shopify themes for mobile devices;
- we implemented multicurrency on the site (USD, EUR, GBP);
- in the footer (a block at the bottom of a site) we displayed a wide list of pages Clients possibilities for feedback: Contacts, Order Tracking, Return Policy, FAQ.
- we optimized the resource for updated search engine requirements and Web Vitals and Google Lighthouse tools;
- we tested the project after the changes.
The Shopify theme has a product filter to sort and find the best products on the page. The theme also provides product recommendations, filtering, and product slideshows to showcase products in the best way. A homepage banner ad is a key element to attract buyers. Customer reviews below the product will definitely increase sales. We have also developed a smart search bar to help customers find products faster.
As a result, we got an updated and bold online store for the luxury manufacturer, brand and growing company. With the help of the interface, structured range and ease of management and integration of the online store with new Shopify applications, now brand self-expression occurs not only through products, but also through a modern online store.